General Policies and Conditions
Cancellation and No Show policies:
- Cancellations or annulments are allowed up to 48 hours before the Tour with a 100% refund, that is, without charge.
- From 47 to 24 hours before to the date of the Tour, you will have to pay 50% of the service or re-schedule the date in accordance and coordination with the Tour operator (Green Desert Expeditions).
- Any cancellation less than 24 hours from the date of the tour or even if the client does not show up within the agreed time for the departure of the tour, 100% of the service will be charged.
- All these regulations are subject to exception, if the cancellation of the service responds to a setback in the Phases of the “Step by Step prevention of Covid-19” in the city of origin or in the city of destination.
- In the case of not being able to develop the service on our part due to force majeure factors such as climatic problems such as a storm in the case of Altiplano Tours or social demonstrations at the Tours house in the city, a full refund of the money paid to our company will be made, via transfer within 48 hours after the canceled date of the service.
CHILD Policy (Children and Infants):
- It will be considered within the range of Children between 4 and 10 years old, whose rate is stipulated in each tour description on our page.
- Infants up to 3 years old are released for transfers from the airport to the city and vice versa.
- Infants up to 3 years old are entitled to a special infant chair for the development of Tours, which has a cost of $25,000 for a full-day tour and $18,000 for a half-day tour.
- The Altiplanic Tours that go to the foothills of the Andes are not suitable for infants under 4 years of age, for which they cannot be admitted. Only on half day and full day tours, with a maximum of 11 hours.
- Altiplano excursions take place at an average altitude between 3,500 and 5,000 meters above sea level, therefore, they are not recommended for people with chronic heart and/or lung diseases, such as angina pectoris, cardiac arrhythmias, chronic bronchitis, severe asthma and emphysema.
- People with blood coagulation problems without proper treatment or who have suffered a thrombosis. It should be noted, in case of presenting a history of any of these health conditions and not having been informed, any manifestation on the route will be under the full responsibility of the tourist.
Finally, due to the climatic conditions of the Atacama Desert, it is recommended for each tour to use or bring:
- Hat or jockey.
- Light clothes.
- Comfortable or sports footwear.
- Jacket or coat for the cold altiplano or for the return of the tour.
- bottle of bottled water.
- Swimsuit (in case the tour includes hot springs).
- Photographic machine to capture memories of the trip.
It is recommended before any full-day excursion, to have eaten lightly the night before and not to have consumed alcohol, in order to have a refreshing rest before the trip and not suffer bodily discomfort during the trip.
- All passengers are required to have their Mobility Pass updated, otherwise they will not be able to enter museums and places of tourist interest.
- All passengers must leave the Hotel with their protection mask staff.
- For each tour we have spare masks in case of an emergency, that is, when the passenger needs a replacement mask.
- Instructions will be given to passengers not to manipulate the mask, or touch the face If necessary, they should later use alcohol Gel in your hands. When removing the mask, you must dispose of it in a trash can in route or in a garbage bag, which we will have for this inside the vehicle.
- Tourists will be instructed before and during the trip to cover their mouth and nose with disposable tissue or forearm when coughing or sneezing. In case of using handkerchiefs disposable should be disposed of and then wash your hands.
- Temperature samples will be taken from passengers through a thermometer without contact.
- The Guide will ensure that the interaction with local inhabitants of small rural communities or other people outside the tour is minimal, in case this happens, the same protocol must be followed as with clients (mask, distance, hand washing).
- We have alcohol spray spray or alcohol gel available, which will be scattered to tourists at the first meeting in the morning and on each climb to the vehicle.
- Cleaning and disinfection of vehicles will be carried out: surfaces, dashboard, handrails, floors, etc. For this we will use disinfectants and quaternary harmonium.
- We have individual oxygen equipment, in case of an emergency on the Route, to be applied to the passenger who presents symptoms of lack of oxygen. Which will be derived post.