Discover the highland route that connects the cities of Iquique and Arica, but through the Cordillera. Crossing an extensive desert green landscape, with a great variety of fauna, a true photographic safari, connecting with hot springs and geysers, Andean towns and Aymara culture, visiting the Isluga Volcano, Lauca and Chungará Lake National Parks and the Las Vicuñas National Reserve, among other attractions.
3 Days | 2 Nights (OVAL01)
LENGHT: 3 Days | 2 Nights
Iquique – Giant of Atacama geoglyph – Puchuldiza Geysers – Colchane
Departure at 7:30 a.m. to visit the Unita Hill and Giant of Atacama Geoglyph (3,956 ft. above sea level), the World`s largest humanoid figure in rock art.
Detention in Chuzmiza Ravine Lookout and visit the Geysers of Puchuldiza, to admire the hot water that appears from underground and form an Iceberg side by cold temperature.
Then meet the rock formations of Mars Valley, and Aroma Valley to connect with the Andean town of Cariquima to visit its textiles and crafts workshop. Colchane border town with Bolivia.
Stop to dinner and lodging (12,188 ft. above sea level).
Isluga National Park – Surire – Las Vicuñas Reserve – Putre
Breakfast and departure to Isluga National Park (12,494 ft. above sea leavel), to meet the Volcano, the Ceremonial town and Isluga River with a variety of birds.
Then visit Enquelga town to enjoy the hot springs and Mauque town to have contact with Aymara people and see how they spin the wool on their handmade clothing and highland animal pens.
Continue to the Aravilla lakes and Surire Salt Flat (13,872 ft. above sea leavel), enjoy wildlife and beauty of the area.
Passed by foot of Guallatire volcano (19,887 ft. above sea leavel), and Vicuñas Reserve.
Arrival to Putre, for dinner and lodging.
Lauca National Park – Chungara Lake – Cotacotani Lagoons
Breakfast and continue to Lauca National Park and Chungara Lake (varied avifauna), and have Box Lunch.
Then visit the Cotaccotani Lagoons, Parinacota town, Chucuyo Viewpoint (enjoying the beautiful scenery).
Visit Capequilla Pucará, Socoroma and Poconchile towns and Lluta Valley, to arrival Arica and express City Tour.
Then Return to Iquique or Transfer to Chacalluta Border crossing between Chile and Perú.
- One night of accommodation in Isluga Hotel or Cariquima Hotel (day 1).
- One night of Hostel type accommodation in Putre Hotel (day 2).
- Two Dinners in Colchane and Putre (days 1 and 2).
- Two Breakfasts in Colchane and Putre (days 2 and 3).
- Typical Aymara lunch in a restaurant (day 1).
- Box Lunch in the Picnic area (days 2 and 3).
- Snacks and still mineral water + fruits, coffee, cookies(every day).
- Oxygen equipment for altitude.
- Sanitized 4 x 4 vehicle.
- Ecotourism guide.
- Covid-19 safety kit: Mask and alcohol gel.
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing.
- Sports shoes.
- Hat or Jockey.
- Parka, Jacket or Coat for night cold.
- Not suitable for people with heart or lung problems, such as angina pectoris, coronary heart disease, lung dysfunction, etc.
Private Guide in Spanish
USD 935 p/p.
USD 480 p/p.
USD 364 p/p.
USD 286 p/p.
USD 247 p/p.
Private Guide in English, Italian, French, German
USD 1,142 p/p.
USD 675 p/p.
USD 460 p/p.
USD 364 p/p.
USD 312 p/p.
Interested in this trip?